• La Condamine

La Condamine-Châtelard

Perched on a rocky outcrop, the village of Chatelard, the former heart of the municipality, has given over its dominance to the village of Condamine, now the main centre.

The Tournoux fort, has overlooked the village for 150 years, he was built rom 1843 to 1866 to protect the valley from attack.

The village is crossed by the GR 6 hiking trail and the Parpaillon trail towards the ski resort of Sainte-Anne.

A strategic military road, there is a 2,783 m tunnel which was dug to connect the Ubaye Valley to the Embrunais.